Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I always knew you'd make a great father. That's one thing that I admired most about you, long before we were married and had children. But what I thought I knew is only the tip of the iceberg. You're a wonderful father. Our children are so blessed to call you Dad. You're so funny and they love laughing with you. Hearing all of you laugh together makes my heart smile. You're gentle with them when they need you to be and stern when the situation demands it. You encourage our children to dream big, set high expectations for themselves, be creative, and love each other purely. You are setting a good example of what it means to treat others with kindness, be a good friend, and reach out to those in need. You are modeling for our daughters what they should look for in a faithful and loving husband and for our son, you are setting an example of the kind of husband I hope he'll someday become. You've made our family your priority and your willingness accordingly is inspiring. Our children's hearts are being groomed for selflessness because they see this example in you.

I always knew you'd make a great father. What I didn't expect was for you to make me want to be a better mother. Thank you for loving all of our children and for loving me the way you do. We stand in awe of your leadership, generosity, and love.

I love you, And. Happy Father's Day.

1 comment: