Monday, June 23, 2008

Ballerina Kaka

In our house, bowel movements are known as "kaka" (a Polish word for that action). This weekend, Charlotte got a bit of a cold and began her first duel with diarrhea. She's totally frightened of going because it's different than what she's used to experiencing. Recently, she's battled her first real case of vomiting and she's decided she doesn't like puking. Yesterday she told me that her "kaka puked" and it was too stinky (followed by gagging noises).

Today, I couldn't make out what she was saying but I figured it out: She overheard me tell Andy that she has diarrhea but she can't pronounce that word. She used the closest word she could pronounce so all day today she's been telling me, "I don't like ballerina kaka! I don't like ballerina kaka!"

So diarrhea may always been known as ballerina kaka in the Murphy household. At least for now.

1 comment: